At Greengate lane Academy we aim to ensure:-
All pupils have access to high quality PE lessons to develop fitness, stamina, health and well-being.
Pupils have the opportunity to participate in sport beyond the curriculum.
Our curriculum offers opportunities for pupils to develop the knowledge and understanding of what makes a healthy lifestyle.
We forge links with the local community to enrich the PE provision within school.
All pupils have the opportunity to take part in festivals and competitions.
Children enjoy sport and physical activity.
We have a wide range of sporting activities at Greengate Lane Academy to enhance and enrich our PE curriculum. Some of these are funded through the use of the Sport’s Premium and others are funded from School Funds.
All pupils have PE Lessons in school. These cover the whole range of subjects – movement, fitness, gymnastics, dance, games, athletics, swimming, etc.
- Swimming takes place in Y4 for all pupils.
- After-school and lunchtime clubs take place throughout the year with coaches for a range of sports. These are free to all pupils.
- We have a SPECIALIST TEACHER in school to deliver PE lessons at a high level.
- We employ additional coaches for specialist subjects – e.g. dance. Teachers work alongside these coaches for their own CPD.
- We have set up a new network so that we can play competitive football matches with other schools.
- We hold an annual Fun Run which raises money for charity and the school. Parents and members of the community are invited to watch and take part.
- Children have the opportunity to take part in more unusual sports e.g. Judo and Handball.
- We provide specialist kit and equipment for children playing in tournaments.
- Representing Greengate Lane Academy in a sport is one of our “50 Things to do at Greengate Lane”
Pupils are expected to change into PE kit for their PE Lessons. They are not permitted to wear PE clothing underneath their normal clothes. All jewellery and watches should be removed for reasons of safety.
All children should have PE Kit consisting of:
A plain white t-shirt or polo shirt
A pair of dark plain shorts
A pair plimsolls or trainers
Children can also wear a dark tracksuit top and bottoms or jogging bottoms when they have PE outside.
To see our 2018/19 Sports Premium Grant, please click on the link below.
To view our 2019/20 Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sport Premium, please click on the link below:
To view our 2020/21 Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sports Premium, please click on the link below: