At Greengate lane Academy we aim to ensure:-
All pupils have access to high quality PE lessons to develop fitness, stamina, health and well-being.
Pupils have the opportunity to participate in sport beyond the curriculum.
Our curriculum offers opportunities for pupils to develop the knowledge and understanding of what makes a healthy lifestyle.
We forge links with the local community to enrich the PE provision within school.
All pupils have the opportunity to take part in festivals and competitions.
Children enjoy sport and physical activity.
We have a wide range of sporting activities at Greengate Lane Academy to enhance and enrich our PE curriculum. Some of these are funded through the use of the Sport’s Premium and others are funded from School Funds.
All pupils have PE Lessons in school. These cover the whole range of subjects – movement, fitness, gymnastics, dance, games, athletics, swimming, etc.
- This year, swimming will take place in Y4 and Y3 for all pupils.
- After-school and lunchtime clubs take place throughout the year with coaches for a range of sports. These are free to all pupils.
- We work closely with SWFC and Arches who support in PE lessons and also support in lunchtime and after school clubs..
- Children have the opportunity to take part in more unusual sports e.g. Fencing and Curling
- We provide specialist kit and equipment for children playing in tournaments.
- We expect our children to be ambassadors for Greengate Lane when representing the school in sport.
Pupils are expected to change into PE kit for their PE Lessons. They are not permitted to wear PE clothing underneath their normal clothes. All jewellery and watches should be removed for reasons of safety.
All children should have PE Kit consisting of:
A plain white t-shirt or polo shirt
A pair of dark plain shorts
A pair plimsolls or trainers
Children can also wear a dark tracksuit top and bottoms or jogging bottoms when they have PE outside.
PE is a mandatory lesson in school and children who do not have the correct kit will be required to do PE in kit borrowed from school.
Earrings should ideally be removed for PE or be covered with tape.
Earrings must be removed for school swimming.
Please make sure your child has their PE kit in school every day.
To view our 2022/23 Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sports Premium, please click on the link below:
To view our 2021/2 Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sports Premium, please click on the link below:
To view our 2020/21 Evidencing the Impact of the Primary PE and Sports Premium, please click on the link below: